Hi Lindy’s Fans,
I recently saw a video of Artist Mary Beth Shaw creating “art parts” to be used on mixed media journal pages. No sooner did I see Artist Shemi Dixon make an abstract mosaic on a canvas with different art parts. I thought, why not create my own art parts mosaic collages?!
I liked Shemi’s neutral color palette and technique of adhering the parts to cardboard, but changed up my substrate and used only Lindy’s Products for my color. Such a simple and fun way to create unique art…and countless ways to play with your Lindy’s!
- Choose your color palette and products from your Lindy’s collection. I used Blazing Black Flat Fabio Spray; Black Hole Black and Cowabunga Copper Magicals; and Tin Roof Rusted Embossing Powder
- Create several collage pieces using different techniques. I created mine as follows:
- Mixing Magical with gesso and pouncing through stencils onto book paper and a paper bag.
- Using my Spray to stencil on heavy mixed media paper.
- Dabbing Embossing Liquid through a stencil and using my Embossing Powder on black paper.
- Doodling with my Spray top or a skewer dipped in Spray.
- Use a glue stick to adhere all of your pages onto thin cardboard.
- Cut each sheet into various sized squares and rectangles.
- Prep your substrate with Black Gesso.
- Arrange your “art parts” on each board and adhere with Gel Medium.
- Various Lindy’s products – I suggest a a few Magicals, Sprays and an Embossing Powder
- Various papers like book pages, black paper, a paper bag, mixed media paper, etc.
- Substrate of your choice – I used small Wooden Panels specifically for paint pouring because I liked the inset
- White and Black Gesso
- Light weight cardboard
- Glue Stick
- Various Stencils
- Skewer (optional)
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Gel Medium or Modge Podge