Hello craft buddies!
It’s Neena Arora welcoming you to the Lindy’s blog. Today, I am here to share the process of altering a tin planter into a beautiful planter with the Beton and Moss effect.
You can find the video link in the last. Below is the step by step instruction to make this:
- Cover the planter with 2 coats of white gesso and let it dry.
- Prepare clay elements using moulds. make sure to remove them after five minutes from the moulds and paste them on the planter. Let it dry overnight.
- Again cover the planter with white gesso. While applying gesso add crushed sugar/glass dust/snow dust for the grainy effect.
- Once dried, start colouring it with “Gag me with a spoon gray” with a brush. Then spray “Steampunk sepia shimmer spray” randomly and daub wet wipe softly to remove extra colour and to get faded effect.
- Next, colour around the clay embellishments with “Greased lightnin’ green flat spray” and again daub wet wipe softly to pick the extra colour.
- Again colour the clay embellishments randomly with “Cattail copper brown shimmer spray”.
- Next, touch up the roots of clay embellishments with “Midnight rendezvous raven shimmer spray” using a brush and heat dry it.
- Apply white wax on the clay embellishments. Then spray water and sprinkle “Midnight copper EP” and heat dry it.
*Note: spray water every time after application of colours for natural flow
Let’s have a look at the details:
Lindy’s products used to make this:
- Gag me with a spoon gray, Steampunk sepia shimmer spray, Greased lightnin’ green flat spray, Cattail copper brown shimmer spray, Midnight rendezvous raven shimmer spray,
- Midnight copper EP
Hope you like it and feel inspired.
Until next time!