These notebook covers literally take minutes to make and the salt gives a fun different effect for your background! Hope you give it a try!
- Spray or use squirts on watercolor or mixed media paper.
- Sprinkle with salt (I like the courser sea salt).
- Let dry completely then use a plastic card or fingertips to gently remove the salt.
To Make Notebook Covers:
- Use gel and/or paint pens to create your design (I feel like an underwater ocean scene would look awesome)!
- Use double-sided tape to adhere to black paper and then to the notebook.
- I added the words “notes” and “travel log” using letter stamps on white paper and a glue stick.
- For the Travel Log notebook, I punched a circle, trimmed it down and stitched the circle to the hole. I used the piece I trimmed as an embellishment around the word “log.”
- Your favorite Lindy’s Sprays or Squirts. For the “Notes” book, I used Martian Magenta, Pop Rock Purple and T-Bird Turquoise Sprays. For the “Travel Log” I used Emerald Eh?, Loonie Toonie Teal and Beaver Tail Brown Squirts
- Salt (I prefer coarse sea salt)
- Black and white gel and/or paint pens
- Dollar Store or other inexpensive mini notebooks
- White mixed media or watercolor paper
- Black paper
- Double-sided tape
- Glue Stick
- Letter stamps and ink pad
- Embroidery Thread and Needle (if making cut-out version)