This is Monika here, I’m excited to share with you a mixed media frame that I made using beautiful Lindy’s Gang magical shakers. I have made this hanging photo frame using cardboard pieces, air dry clay and old t-shirt fabric. It’s a beautiful and perfect piece to add a vintage look to our sweet home.
- Take cardboard and cut it into two oval shapes (I took cardboard from food packaging) and use cotton fabric (t-shirt fabric) to cover both cardboard pieces. Adhere both pieces together by adding a jute twine to hang the photo frame.
- Prepare some clay embellishments using molds and add them onto the cardboard base using a strong adhesive. Let it dry completely.
- First, apply two coats of white gesso to prepare the surface for mixed media work. Dry it completely.
- Apply modeling paste through a stencil to add some textures onto the background and dry it again.
- Mix Lindy’s Gang Magical Shakers – Grab a Guy Gold and Cowabunga Copper with white acrylic paint and apply it as the first layer of paint.
- Mix Lindy’s Gang Magical Shaker – Cathedral Pines Green with white acrylic paint and use it to paint the remaining portions. Use Lindy’s Gang Magical Shaker – Afternoon Delight Denim in the same way by mixing with white acrylic paint and add the mix by using a sponge to highlight the clay embellishments. Dry it completely.
- To create crackle effects, add crackle paste on the panel and dry it completely before adding another layer of paint, Take Lindy’s Gang Magical Shaker – Cowabunga Copper and mix it with white acrylic paint, now apply the prepared mixture over the crackle paste. Crackles will appear once it dries completely.
- Add a wooden clip to hold the photo of your choice. For the final finish, add some aged effects by using Finnabair waxes.
Here is the step-by-step video:
- Magical Shakers: Grab a Guy Gold, Cowabunga Copper, Cathedral Pines Green and Afternoon Delight Denim.
I hope you will love this vintage photo frame and find something interesting to try.
Love and hugs,