Hello there and happy Holidays preparations! I hope you’ll find some time to check today’s post as I am showing you how to make your own alcohol inks with Magicals and some 90% alcohol.
I have to admit that this was my very first trial and that I encountered a small problem on the way. But at least I learned something out of that, which is very important.
Let’s see how the process looked like:
- I started by choosing the colors and preparing color palette to have a place to dilute Magicals with alcohol. I used: TiffanyLou Blue, Delphinium Turquoise, Tea Pot Purple, Raspberry Lemonade, Lara’s Wild Male, Cotton Candy Pink
- I put a little bit of each Magical into palette slots, then added a bit of alcohol to dilute it (here is where I encounter my problem- somehow one of the Magical got really, really stubborn and did not want to dilute itself! I blame the Creativity Elves for that – they sometimes like to make my life more difficult! In hindsight, I think I should have maybe made my first trial with Flat Magical but I aimed higher- I wanted sparkle, lol! So I chose only shimmer Magicals and now I think that some of them, especially Delphinium Turquoise, who has a looooot of shimmer, may be more difficult to dilute in alcohol than others. But don’t be mistaken- the other Magicals diluted just fine and they work great on the Yupo paper. I think my next project will be Flat Magicals with alcohol- I love challenges and Magicals never disappoint me!
- Alcohol inks need yupo paper, so I sprayed it with alcohol and then I added Magicals-one by one, alternating between alcohol and ink and using both pipette and brush to create more spots and stains and splatter-like pattern.
- I added my focal point- flower stamped with another Magical- Blazing Black and I created some more splatter with the same black color.
Here is the link to my step-by-step video:
Lindy’s Gang Magicals used in this project
- TiffanyLou Blue
- Delphinium Turquoise
- Tea Pot Purple
- Raspberry Lemonade
- Lara’s Wild Malve
- Cotton Candy Pink
- Blazing Black
- IndigoBlu stamp- Flower Heads, Yupo paper by Ranger, 90% Alcohol Ink, Very Messy Words- Lemon Creation, Black Jet Archival Ink
I also have a piece of good news for you- I am now affiliated with Lindy’s, so every time you make a purchase from Lindy’s Gang shop via this link:
and use this code at the checkout: JOANNAMARQUET you will get 10% discount and I will get a small commission (at no cost to you!). Check it out and save some money! 🙂
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Wish you all beautiful Holidays, filled with love and laughter! May the next year by much, much, much better than this one!
Hugs and kisses,