Today I’m up on Lindy’s Gang blog with a new mixed media layout and a technic to make a marble effect.
- Prime the background with clear gesso
- Add a design with clear and white crackle pastes
- Cut a paper in strips and glue them on one side
- Colored a resin frame with Sandra Dee Sepia Magical mixed with Liquid Fluid Medium
- Next, add some green and blue waxes to the frame, and highlight the details with a copper wax
- Die-cut some leaves in a watercolor paper: some large, some smaller
- Color the small ones with Long John’s Silver and Crow’s Nest Copper
- Color the other with Long John’s Silver, California Poppy Gold, Sparkling Sunset, and Galactic Teal
- Glue the frame, some flowers, and the leaves with 3D Matte Gel
- Color the flowers with Sparkling Sunset
- Add some Galactic Teal to the background
- Continue to color the background with a baby wipe by dabbing Galactic Teal, Sparkling Sunset, and Long John’s Silver to obtain a marble effect
- Stamped randomly with a text stamp
- To finish, add some glitters.
I hope you will enjoy the video:
Lindy’s Gang products:
- Starburst – Sparkling Sunset, California Poppy Gold, Galactic Teal, ;
- Moonshadow Mist – Long John’s Silver, Crow’s Nest Copper;
- Magical – Sandra Dee Sepia (Go Greased Lightnin’);
To obtain a 10% discount on all your purchase at Lindy’s Gang, use the code PASCALE_B.
- Paper – 49 and Market (Curators Botanical: Natural History; Vintage Artistry: );
- Flowers – 49 and Market (Ivory Royal Spray);
- Stencil – Finnabair Prima (Vintage Wallpaper);
- Art Ingredients – Finnabair Prima (Glitter Luminous Set);
- Art Alchemy Waxes – Finnabair Prima (Sage, Blue Patina, Firebird);
- Art Extravagance – Finnabair Prima (Clear & White Crackle Pastes; Liquid Fluid Medium);
- Art Basics – Finnabair Prima (Clear Gesso, 3D Matte Gel, Soft Gloss Gel).
One thought on “Marble effect Background on Layout by Pascale B.”
Love your art especially the colors used! Thank you so much for sharing it!