Hi dear friends!
It’s Olga Ravenskaya here with me new project and video tutorial using Lindy’s sprays, magicals and squirts.
I’ve created a mixed media canvas named City In Bloom – about a city and a young woman going away and followed by the smell of blooming flowers.
My inspiration was the beautiful color pallete of our June Color Challenge with the main ingredient – Flowers.
- Mix any transparent modeling paste with Magicals using two colors and apply it through the stencil
- After full drying mix ane white modeling paste with two other colors of Magicals and apply it through the stencil just above the first one
- Paint your pattern with the Sprays according to your color combo using a wide brush – add sprays color by color starting with the light one
- Dry the surface completely and repeat the previous step to add the depth and variety of shades to your background
- Add splashes using a fan brush
- Color your molds, die cuttings and chippies using Magicals
- Sprinkle them with the Embossing powder and heat using a heating gun to create a beautiful texture
- Color your wooden elements with Squirts using two or more colors and also sprinkle them with the embossing powder to create accents on them
- Build up the composition and glue up everything
- Add toppings if needed
Here is my process video, hoping you’ll enjoy it!
And some close-ups as a little inspiration.
- STARBURSTS: Blushing Polar Bear, Bodacious Blush, Green with Envy Green
- FLAT FABIO: C’est La vie Cerise
- MAGICALS: Jana’s Jade, Andrea’s Azalea (Alexandra’s Artists set), Pumpkin Seed Parfait (Deutsch Desserts set), Scintillating Silver and Ritzy Rose Gold (Glitzy Magicals set)
- MAGICAL SHAKERS: Stormy Silver
- SQUIRTS: Canadian Bacon Blush, Loonie Toonie Teal, Hockey Puck Black
- EPs: Clearly Clear, Chalk It Up, Chip Off the Old Black
Thank you for stopping by!
Hoping you’ve enjoyed my post!
2 thoughts on “City In Bloom Canvas With Olga Ravenskaya”
Thank you so much Sally for your kind words! The Building stencil is from KatrinCraft, Water stencil – from StencilGirl
Love this cityscape. Please tell us where you got the large building stencil and the water stencil.
Thanks in advance!