Hello Gang! Anastasia is here with a Halloween-themed project. This year I decided to alter an old book and in this post I will show you how I made a book cover using Lindy’s sprays and ep’s. To find out what I made inside, visit my YouTube channel.
- Create texture on the book cover. I used a piece of paper with die-cut pattern
- Cover all the surface of the book with black gesso
- Apply Screamin’ Banshee Black Shimmer Spray and a bit of Gossamer Gold Vintage Spray and Gnome Berry Bordeaux Shimmer Spray
- Add patina on some places(I used Green Patina wax)
- Dry it well and create a composition
- Cover elements with white or black gesso(it depends of what you want to get – dark or light elements)
- Apply sprays on elements. I used Smoky Sapphire Vintage Spray for skull and bone; Screamin’ Banshee Black Shimmer Spray for frame and moons and Gnome Berry Bordeaux Shimmer Spray for plant
- To make surface of elements more lighter use white gesso and dry brush technique. I also added white gesso in some places next to the elements and between them, imitating something like moonlight or fog
- Use embossing powder to add color accents or to highlight some places. I used Chrome Doesn’t Pay Embossing Powder
Watch more details in the video tutorial I’ve prepared for you. I hope you like it!
Thanks for stopping by!