Are you ready for a little fun and a little challenge that’s open to all – we hope so!
Not sure if you all look forward to seeing the Pantone Color Institute Color of the Year revealed, but here at Lindy’s we do (our DT Coordinator Kate Palmer get’s really excited about this!). This year it’s a bold, brash and in-your-face magenta, just what we need to start the year with a BANG!
This year’s Color of the Year is powerful and empowering. It is a new animated red that revels in pure joy, encouraging experimentation and self-expression without restraint, an electrifying, and a boundaryless shade that is manifesting as a stand-out statement. PANTONE 18-1750 Viva Magenta
PS Read right to the bottom for a fun little Challenge!
Color code: 18-1750 Incorporates both warm and cold tones, Viva Magenta is a vivid and nuanced shade of blood red that is a study in contrasts.
Viva Magenta Pantone Color of the year 2023: Inspired by Nature
Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, said the hue was inspired by the natural red dye derived from small insects called cochineals.
“In this age of technology, we look to draw inspiration from nature and what is real. PANTONE 18-1750 Viva Magenta descends from the red family, and is inspired by the red of cochineal, one of the most precious dyes belonging to the natural dye family as well as one of the strongest and brightest the world has known.”
What’s a cochineal? These beetles are cochineals, aren’t they stunning!
So what are the best Lindy’s color matches for Viva Magenta?
The Pantone Color Institute released the Color of the Year together with a palette of colors that work well with it, this is what our Design Team thinks the best matches are in our Lindy’s range of products:
- Pale Dogwood, PANTONE 13-1404 is most like Salt Water Taffy spray, Chateau Rose Flat Fabio spray
- Gray Sand, PANTONE 13-1010 is most like Creme Brulee Cream spray, South Shore Sand Flat Fabio, Cafe au Lait Flat Fabio
- Gray Lilac, PANTONE 13-3804 is most like Gag me with a spoon gray, Cafe au Lait Flat Fabio
- Viva Magenta, PANTONE 18-1750 – what Lindy’s product is most like this color????
- Pale Khaki, PANTONE 15-1216 is most like Sea Grass Green spray, Aloha Avacado Flat Fabio
- Fields of Rye, PANTONE 15-1115 is most like Pumpkin Seed Parfait Magical
- Agate Gray, PANTONE 15-6307 is most like Fairy Garden Green Magical, Spanish Moss Green EP
- Plein Air, PANTONE 13-4111 is most like Blueberry Streusel Blue Magical, Madonna Robe Blue Gold EP
So what we want to know is which Lindy’s color you think best matches the Pantone Color of the Year?
It can be a Magical, a Spray or an Embossing Powder.
We want to see your ideas on Instagram tagged with #Lindys2023PantoneColorMatch #VivaMagenta #Lindysgang and we will randomly pick 2 entries to each win a $40 voucher to the Lindy’s online store!
How to enter the challenge
- Decide which Lindy’s color you think is the best match for Pantones’ Viva Magenta
- Take a photo/video of this color on a project, or as a product image or a flat lay – show the color.
If you don’t own the Lindy’s color you choose, you can still enter, you’ll just need to get creative and will still need to show the Lindy’s product you have picked in some way!
- Post your photo/s or video to Instagram and tag it with #Lindys2023PantoneColorMatch #VivaMagenta #Lindysgang by Feb 13th 2023
Entries close Feb 13th 2023 and winners will be announced Feb 14th on our Instagram @lindysgang
Winners will be chosen randomly and entries are welcome from anywhere on the planet!
By entering this challenge you are agreeing to Lindy’s possibly sharing your image on social media in the future.