Hello! It’s Oleksandr Azarov with you on the Lindy’s blog today! We are glad to have you with us again this year!
Today we are going to create a simple postcard with die-cut paper elements with beautiful watercolor patterns, which we will create using Starburst sprays.
I pre-moisten the watercolor paper with clean water (so that the colors of the sprays mix better). I start adding sprays creating a watercolor background.
For the background, I chose sprays:
- Salt Water Taffy Shimmer Spray,
- Glory of the Seas Gold Shimmer Spray,
- Marigold Yellow Orange Shimmer Spray,
- TiffanyLou Blue Shimmer Spray
I dried the resulting background well and add some more splashes using a spray Salt Water Taffy Shimmer Spray,.
Now that our background has dried we will use a knife (or dies, or a cutting machine if you have them) to cut out the openwork element. I cut out the second element from white cardboard that was just a little bit smaller than the first.
I glued the two elements together and glued the design to the white card base.
For the inscription, I cut out a circle from white cardboard and added the inscription using a stamp, transparent ink and embossing powder Gimme Five Gold Detail EP. I glue the inscription to the base using bulk tape. And the card is ready.
- Embossing powder: Gimme Five Gold Detail EP
- Starbursts shimmer sprays: Salt Water Taffy Shimmer Spray, Glory of the Seas Gold Shimmer Spray, Marigold Yellow Orange Shimmer Spray, TiffanyLou Blue Shimmer Spray
Transparent ink, stamps, watercolor papers, bulk tape, die cut
Thank you and see you soon!