Hello gang, Ericka here and today I used my Lindy’s Magicals to create a mini book along with some watercolored images. This was a super fun project to create and and I can’t wait t create a couple more with different colors. There are several different steps involved and they can be done in various order but here is how I created my mini book.
1. On watercolor paper, using Magicals, paint some botanicals ie flowers, leaves, random shapes. Once they were dry, I add some pen details for interest and cut them out.
2. Take a 4 sheet of Bristol Smooth paper and cut them down to 11x 4.5. This will create a long sheet that you will watercolor and fold in half to create a book page. Apply Lindy’s Magical Shakers directly on the sheets and let dry. I used the Tea & Crumpet set for my page base in the following colors:
3. After fully drying, folded the pages in half and staple them together to create a book. I also used some washi tape on the spine for added interest.
4. Compile your book with your images and extras. This is the fun part where you get to make your book completely unique. I glued my images to my pages and added some random stamps with various inks. I also added washi tape to my pages with words I liked. I used the AALL & Create #34 Circles and Background Noise stamps and the Night Shade washi.
5. Grab some of your favorite sentiments (I used the AALL & Create Bring On The Sentiments) and white heat embossed them with Wowzer White on black paper. I then went through the pages and placed the sentiments in various spots in my book.
I hope this inspired you to use your Magicals in some new ways and even create a mini book of your own. Just remember have fun and enjoy the process and in the end you’ll have a unique and colorful piece of art that reflects your mood.
Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful week,