Rita is here today and this time I decided to decorate a tea can.
Description of the process:
- I began with covering all the surface with white gesso and then I used soft matte gel for gluing fabric lace.
- I covered fabric lace with white gesso, wrapped the can with baker‘s twine and covered it with white gesso again.
- I added some modeling paste and crackle paste for additional texture. I allowed it to dry well.
- I started coloring with Open Arms Amethyst Spray in two layers mixing it with white gesso and allowing the can to dry.
- Afterwards I continued coloring with Spill the Tea Teal and Lizzy’s Cuppa’ Tea Teal Magical Shakers mixing them with water.
- When everything became dry, I sprayed all sides of the can with Fix Basic in order to fix all the previous coloring.
- I continued coloring with Pinkies Up Pink Magical Shaker and Black Hole Black (both of them were mixed with water).
- I used Chateau Rose and Raspberry Lemonade embossing powders in order to create some additional textures.
- I mixed Edelweiss Moss Green Magical with white gesso and made some brushes in order to reveal the textures and I used waxes for further reveal of textures.
You can find a video tutorial here:
And some close-ups as a little inspiration:
- Sprays: Open Arms Amethyst Shimmer Spray.
- Magicals and Shakers: Spill the Tea Teal Magical Shaker 2.0, Lizzy’s Cuppa’ Tea Teal Magical Shaker 2.0, Pinkies Up Pink Magical Shaker 2.0, Black Hole Black Magical, Edelweiss Moss Green Magical.
- Embossing Powders: Raspberry Lemonade, Chateau Rose.
Hope you liked it!
Best wishes, Rita