This is Maria Lillepruun with you today with a new tutorial on a curious reverse canvas. I admire the myths of Ancient Greece, so I wanted to depict its god of seas Poseidon. I didn´t have to think long, because the idea just flashed to me once, you know how it happens! In an instant inspiration comes, and the next minute you find yourself creating, hands covered in pastes and paint. This is what I’ve made.
As usual, here is the video on how I made this project and created so much rich texture:
- I took an old square canvas once used before for acrylic pouring. It just stood there for days, so I decided to use it as a base for my new project. I inserted a thick cardstock inside it to harden the base.
- Then I used precolored Powertex textile hardener to model the “waves” on my canvas. The textiles are all kinds of old fabric pieces I found at home.
- Later on, I added more texture to the “waves” using a pallet knife and a mixture of texture medium with Lindy´s Gang Magicals, such as Hydrangea Blue and Lucky Shamrock Green from the Victorian Bouquet Shimmer Magical set.
- In addition, I applied extra texture with transparent texture paste with glass particles, colored crackle paint, and colored crackle texture paste.
- I colored the whole piece using our new products Squirts (Canadian Bacon Blush, Loonie Toonie Teal, Banff Blue) and the Magical Shakers (Bavarian Blue Magical Shaker, Guten Tag Teal Magical Shaker, Oom Pah Pah Pink Magical Shaker, Glittering Gold).
- After that, Little accents were added by golden paint, glitter, sequins and glass beads.
Here are some close-ups of the finished canvas.
- Squirts: Canadian Bacon Blush, Loonie Toonie Teal, Banff Blue
- Magicals: Victorian Bouquet Shimmer Magical set
- Shakers: Bavarian Blue Magical Shaker, Guten Tag Teal Magical Shaker, Oom Pah Pah Pink Magical Shaker, Glittering Gold
- Powertex Universal Medium, texture medium, white gesso (Deco Art), texture paste with glass particles (Sonnet), acrylic sparks and glitter (Prima Marketing Inc), crackle paint, colored crackle paste and varnishes (ScrapEgo), silicone mold, air hardening clay (Krea).
Thank you for your attention!