This is Maria Lillepruun with you today. Here´s my big project prepared for your inspiration and using Lindy’s products to add color to my extravagant photo album that looks like a wardrobe! The wardrobe base is made of MDF and was originally designed by our talented designer Olga Ravenskaya for Scrapiniec. From the very first time I saw it, I wanted to decorate it, and the time has finally come. I used my own pictures to decorate the hangers because they all were shot during a very special photoshoot some years ago. There are seven hangers on the rack, all are double-sided. So my wardrobe album contains 13 pictures. The front side of the first hanger is simply decorative.
Here is the video on how I created the three hangers above. I used our Lindy´s Gang sprays, embossing powders, and one shade of Magicals. All the rest hangers are made with the same techniques, so I did not film their making. As a project like this took me several days to complete :)
- I assembled the MDF wardrobe blank using glue and colored it with or shiny sprays: Violaceous Violet Moon Shadow Mist, Bombshell Black Starburst, Jazzy Jivin´Purple Starburst.
- Then I applied some black texture paste through a stencil onto the hangers and the wardrobe stand sides and let it dry.
- Then it was time to prepare the lace and the ribbons. I dyed them with Jazzy Jivin´Purple Starburst and Tawny Turquoise Vintage Spray. By the way, the latter is my favorite Lindy´s spray ever!!!!
- Next, I prepared tons of chipboards by coloring them with Beaver Tail Brown Starburst Squirt and embossing with a mix of embossing powders (Midnight Gold, Midnight Emerald, Twilight Bronze Slate). As a result, I´ve got this kind of fire burnt look on my chipboards. I think it is really cool!
- After that, I glued all the photos and the decorative elements onto the hangers. It was really fun creating so 14 different compositions on all the sides of the hangers. I also added some minor accents with beads and glitter.
- I also decided to retouch all the details of the project a bit using a mixture of white gesso and the Sweet Violet Purple Teal Magical from the Victorian Bouquet Shimmer Set.
- In the end, I added some ribbons to the ends of the wardrobe stand and the very special photo album was ready!
- Starbursts: Bombshell Black Starburst, Jazzy Jivin´Purple Starburst
- Moon Shadow Mists: Tawny Turquoise Vintage Spray, Violaceous Violet Vintage Spray
- Magicals: Sweet Violet Purple Teal Magical (Victorian Bouquet Shimmer Set)
- Squirts: Beaver Tail Brown Starburst Squirt
- EPs: Midnight Gold, Midnight Emerald, Twilight Bronze Slate
- Wardrobe blank (Scrapiniec), black texture paste (Stamperia), handmade flowers (Pastel), 3D Gloss Gel and flowers (Prima Marketing Inc), stencil and floral die cuts (Tim Holtz), chipboard (Wycinanka, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts, Family Scrap, WOODchic, Artistic Line, Kreativ-Artshop), embossing glue and colored crackle varnish (ScrapEgo), beads, glitter, lace (all unbranded), white gesso (Sonnet).
Thank you for your attention, dear friends!