Today I’m up on Lindy’s Gang blog with a Xmas mixed media panel. I worked with another photo from the talented Christina Fisher. On this one, you can read “Don’t worry kids … He will certainly come this year.”
First, I glued different kinds of paper with soft gel. Next, I used white gesso to blend them together. Finally, I added two designs with two stencils and two pastes: Paper paste and White Crackle paste.
While the crackle paste was drying, I colored different leaves die-cut in watercolor paper. I colored the leaves with Long John’s Silver and the pine branches with Long John’s Silver and Stormy Sky.
I colored the berry branches with Rizzo’s Rowdy Red, but I wasn’t really happy with the result. I used my glue gun to make 3D berries. While the glue was still hot, I covered it with Candy Cane Red Gold EP. I waited until the glue was cold before melting the embossing powder.
I primed the chipboards with white gesso. I colored them with Sandra Dee Sepia with the minimum of water as I wanted them to be dark. I embossed the flowers with Lapis Lazuli Blue Gold and added some waxes as well on the leaves.
In the meantime, the crackles have had time to appear. I colored the background with Long John’s Silver, Silhouette Silver, Stormy Sky, and Sandra Dee Sepia. When everything was completely dry, I dry brushed lightly some white gesso to highlight the designs.
After gluing everything with a 3D gel, I finished the composition with glitters.
I hope you will enjoy the video:
The full video is available here.
Lindy’s Gang products:
- Moon Shadow Mist – Long John’s Silver, Silhouette Silver;
- Flat Magical – Stormy Sky (Mountain Meadows), Sandra Dee Sepia & Rizzo’s Rowdy Red (Go Greased Lightnin’);
- Embossing powders – Candy Cane Red Gold (Retired), Lapis Lazuli Blue Gold (Retired).
- MDF – Artistiko;
- Flowers – 49 and Market (Rustic Bouquet: White Heron);
- Chipboard – Finnabair Prima (Mechanical Flourish);
- Stencils – Finnabair Prima (Ghost Writer, Victorian Tiles);
- Art Ingredients – Finnabair Prima (Luminous Glitter Set);
- Art Alchemy Waxes – Finnabair Prima (Bronze Age, White Gold);
- Art Extravagance – Finnabair Prima (White Crackle Paste, Paper Paste);
- Art Basics – Finnabair Prima (White Gesso, Soft Gloss Gel, 3D Matte Gel).