Hello, dear friends!
This is Maria Lillepruun with you today, and I am here to present my new project for Lindy´s Gang! This time I filmed a tutorial on how I made this mixed media canvas that I’ve called “The Bee”. Technically, it is not really a canvas though, but a 3D object, a grungy wall decoration. I used Lindy´s Gang shakers and squirts to create this piece.
Enjoy the video:
- I assembled all the details of my project together. I used chipboard, chicken wire, metallic embellishments, a piece of a tree root, and a plastic bee figure which used to be a thermometer.
- After the composition was all set, I glued all the pieces together using heavy body gel and PVA glue. Later on, I painted the whole thing black with heavy gesso.
- When the background was dry, I added some extra texture with a Golden Nugget texture paste and some glass toppings.
- I used Lindy´s Gang shakers Antique Gold, Glittering Gold, Antique Bronze to apply the base shades of color to the surface. Then, I painted the chipboards and the bee with our wonderfully covering squirts Maple Syrup Bronze, Polite People Purple.
- I also added some golden doodling with a permanent pen here and there on the project, as well as added some rhinestones as decorations.
- Final touch: I added some golden flake topping for some additional metallic bling.
- Shakers: Antique Gold, Glittering Gold, Antique Bronze
- Squirts: Maple Syrup Bronze, Polite People Purple
- Heavy Body Gel, Heavy Gesso Black, 3D Gloss Gel, Golden Nugget Paste, metal embellishments (Prima Marketing Inc), PVA glue, chipboard (Wycinanka), metal clasps (Tim Holtz), golden flakes, rhinestones.
Thank you very much for your attention!
All the best,