Hi gorgeous Lindy’s fans!
It’s Olga Ravenskaya here on the Lindy’s blog with you all today and I’d like to share today some quick and easy tips on how to alter chipboard using Lindy’s Sprays, Embossing Powders and Magicals.
I use white chipboard almost in every one of my projects and there are lots of ways to match it perfectly to your work. Today I’ll show three of my personal favourites.
All you need is:
- 2 Starbursts. My choice – Salt Water Taffy and Cotton Candy Pink as I’m working on a feminine project.
- 3 Embossing Powders. I’ve picked Oom Pah Pah Pink, Reindeer Moss Green and Madonna Robe Blue Gold
- 1 Magical. My choice – Salt Water Taffy from Nantucket Pearls Set
- Any transparent texture paste
- Glitter. I’ve picked a champagne color
- A flower stencil
Tip 1. Coloring with embossing powders.
Apply the ink using an embossing dabber on some parts of the chipboard and sprinkle with a contrasting color of embossing powder and warm again.
The result will be very beautiful, have a look! In my case – tender pink branches with a light green shade on the leaves.
Tip 2. Coloring with Sprays and Madonna Robe Blue Gold ep.
Color your chippies with Starbursts just spraying them from the bottle. I’ve used two close colors of pink shades. Then dry them very well using your heat gun.
Then sprinkle all the surface of the frame chipboard piece with Madonna Robe Blue Gold embossing powder and warm.
Why do I use Madonna Robe Blue Gold? This powder has a gorgeous turquoise-blue base with golden shimmer on top, but when you apply it over the contrasting color you’ll get such a wonderful vintage-looking effect! If you still don’t have it – go for it! It’s a true must-have and one of my fav! Look at the frame in comparison with a mannequin. How elegant it’s turned out!
Mix any transparent texture paste with a single color of Magical powder and a bit of glitter. I’ve used goldish glitter but you may pick any color.
Apply that mixture on your chippies through a stencil and you’ll get a beautiful texture on them. I’ve used the same color – Salt Water Taffy Magical to get a tender look, but you may try any contrast color too. Just experiment!
- Starbursts: Salt Water Taffy and Cotton Candy Pink
- Eps: Oom Pah Pah Pink, Reindeer Moss Green and Madonna Robe Blue Gold
- Magical: Salt Water Taffy from Nantucket Pearls Set
- Ranger Transparent Texture Paste, Moxy Glitter, Studio Prosto Nebo chipboard, Liquitex White Gesso.
Hoping you’ve enjoyed the ideas in this post!
Thank you for stopping by!