Hello friends! Julia Kissel with you today on the Lindy’s blog!
In the attic of our country house, I found some damaged old books. I decided not to throw them away, but to give them a new life. So I turned them into a panel with a mermaid and some other items that I found in the attic.
I’ve created a step-by-step video for you.
- Disassemble a book into sheets.
- Cut thick cardboard to the same size as book sheets.
- Glue book sheets putting one to another and glue them to the cardboard.
- Some elements like laces, fabric and other embellishments can be glued between sheets so that they are slightly visible.
- Cover the base and sheets with white gesso.
- Apply texture paste through a stencil and dry.
- Cover some places Black Orchid Silver Shimmer Spray Red Hot Poker Orange Shimmer Spray and Jack in the Pulpit Teal Shimmer Spray.
- Tint edges with Distress Inks.
- Paint the pieces of Resist Canvas with Buccaneer Bay Blue Vintage Spray and Bayou Boogie Gold Shimmer Spray
- Make embossing using Terra Cotta Rust EP and King Midas Gold EP
- Paint a piece of cheesecloth Tilt-A-Wheel Teal Flat Spray and Time Travel Teal Shimmer Spray
- Compile and glue other embellishments. Cover edges in a decorative wax.
- Starburst Sprays: Black Orchid Silver Shimmer Spray, Red Hot Poker Orange Shimmer Spray, Jack in the Pulpit Teal Shimmer Spray, Bayou Boogie Gold Shimmer Spray, Time Travel Teal Shimmer Spray
- Moon Shadow Mist spray: Buccaneer Bay Blue Vintage Spray
- Flat Fabio spray: Tilt-A-Wheel Teal Flat Spray
- Mica Flakes, waxes, Modeling paste, Gesso white and black, glitter, distress inks, Resist canvas, chipboard and stencil ScrapFX, PVA Glue.
Have a nice day, yours Julia.