This is my last post Lindy´s Gang blog. What an amazing journey it has been!!! I spent two wonderful years in a great company with so many amazing artists around. THANK YOU LINDY´S GANG!
So for my final post, I chose to make a tutorial on my favorite topic – the notebook cover. One of the best ways to use wonderful Lindy´s Gang products is on a black mixed media background, creating subtle shades and shimmer on the project. Here is my new take on this classic idea.
Enjoy the video!
- I took a handmade journal, which I planned to use as my art journal, and covered its cardstock cover with black gesso. Then I attached the chipboard wings and the head figurine to the front cover. The chipboard is easily glued with gesso, the figurine is attached with a thick layer of PVA.
- Then, I applied the texture to the cover, using the black texture paste and the stencil.
- After everything was dry, I added some shades of color and shimmer to the cover, using Lindy´s Gang sprays Bombshell Black Shimmer Spray, Witch’s Potion Purple Shimmer Spray, Tawny Turquoise Vintage Spray, Gossamer Gold Vintage Spray.
- Later, I covered some parts of the cover with gilding glue and attached some gold foil here and there. Then, I colored the gold with Witch’s Potion Purple Shimmer Spray, which looks just stunning on the golden metallic background.
- I also decided to enrich the background with text stamps, using King Midas Gold and Obviously Black embossing powders.
- As a final touch, I added some black microbeads around the front figurine, and brought out the texture on the cover, using white gold art wax.
- When the cover was totally dry, I sprayed it over with a glossy acrylic varnish to make it more durable.
- Sprays: Bombshell Black Shimmer Spray, Witch’s Potion Purple Shimmer Spray, Tawny Turquoise Vintage Spray, Gossamer Gold Vintage Spray
- EPs: King Midas Gold, Obviously Black (Both are retiring, so grab them now!!!)
- Handmade journal (The Journal Shop by Myrto), Black Heavy Gesso, 3D Gloss Gel, white gold wax and clear text stamp (all by Finnabair / Prima Marketing Inc), chipboard (Wycinanka), stencil (A. B. Studio), black texture paste (Stamperia), PVA glue, air-hardening clay figurine, gold foil, gilding glue, embossing ink (Tsukineko), black microbeads, acrylic gloss varnish.
Thank you very much for your attention!
All the best,