This is Monika here, I am going to show you a steampunk notepad which I made for my sweet friend who loves writing. Today. I will be showing you the easiest way to customize a special gift for your loved ones. As the festive season is just around the corner, such personalized gifts can put a big smile on your friend’s face. I have used my favourite Lindy’s Gang Magical powders for this gorgeous notepad.
- Take a notepad and add some textures using different stencils.
- First, use mixed media paste to add steampunk textures, then after drying add Finnabair – patina effect paste (mint green) using another stencil. Dry completely.
- Now prepare a mixture using Lindy’s Gang Magical – Bayou Boogie Gold and white acrylic paint and use the mixture to cover the notepad and let it dry.
- Once it is dry, sprinkle a bit of Lindy’s Gang Flat Magical – Rizzo’s Rowdy Red on the desired part. Spray a small amount of water and move the color with the help of a brush. Oh, this color is one of my most favorites. I just love it.
- Now, use Lindy’s Gang Flat Magical – Sandra Dee Sepia, Tears On My Pillow Tangerine and Rizzo’s Rowdy Red in the steps as you wish. Dry it completely.
- Prepare some die-cut elements using Sizzix die-cutting machine using Spellbinders Sprightly Sprocket die-cut set. I have used cardboard packaging to cut the elements, they are just perfect.
- Cover the cardboard die-cut elements with the patina effect paste and dry them completely. Now make a composition by adding cardboard elements and some Mitform – metal castings, use a strong adhesive and dry it completely.
- Then partially color the elements using Lindy’s Gang Flat Magical – Rizzo’s Rowdy Red and Tears On My Pillow Tangerine and dry again.
- Add Tim Holtz paper doll and sentiment of your choice. For the final finish, add some aged effects by using Finnabair waxes.
- Our steampunk-style notepad is ready. Isn’t it looking stunning?
- Flat Magicals: Rizzo’s Rowdy Red, Tears on My Pillow Tangerine and Sandra Dee Sepia
- Magical: Bayou Boogie Gold
- Notepad from a local stationery shop, Mitform Castings – metal gears and key, Prima marketing – Finnabair (patina effect paste – Mint Green, 3D Gloss Gel, Antique brilliance waxes – Lucky Emerald, Firebird and Red Amber), Mudra Craft Stamps (stencils), Tacky Glue, Tim Holtz idea-ology Paper Doll and Stickers- Small Talk.
I hope you will love this steampunk notepad and found something interesting to try.
Love and hugs,