Hi my friends and LSG fans! It’s Irina Gerschuk with you today and I’d like to share with you some tips and tricks on how to create your background from scratch!
All you need for that are different LSG sprays, plain cardstock, masks, gesso and modeling paste.
And here’s an example of what you can create using these materials:
Products used: Whale Watch Blue, Tweedle Dee Denim, Hydrangea Blue, Tea Pot Purple, Grab a Guy Gold; embossing powders Purely White, Desert Moon Turquoise.
And here’s a short instruction on what you have to do:
1. Take a piece of white cardstock. Choose a photo you want to scrap and few sprays that match the photo by color.
2. Apply еhe most pale color randomly on you cardstoct using mask.
Tip: after you spritz you spray through the mask you can reverse the mask and press it to the cardstock.
3. Let the cardstock dry and apply some modeling paste on it using a different mask.
4. Take more dark spray and apply it to the background. You can spritz it with some water. Raise and lift the paper on different angles to create random streaks.
5. Take the most dark LSG spray and repeat the steps.
6. Let the whole background dry completely, apply here and there some gesso (or white acrylic paint) through the mask with another LSG color to create more texture and to add more color to the project.
Tip: you can skip this step or apply just some spray through the mask.
7. Take another LSG spray and create some splashes (just open the lid of the jar and put some drops).
Ok, now your background is ready. You can add some embellishments and memorabilia (just use your imagination) to finish you project!
And here’re some close-ups of my project:
As my project was created in a marine style I’ve decided to highlight it with different embellishments on that theme. So I’ve used cheese-cloth, sequins, natural shells, beads, tulle and trim.
I’ve used LSG embossing powders to color the chipboard.
I’ve used some flowers to finish the composition.
I’ve also created a step-by-step video tutorial on tow to create your background from scratch. You can enjoy it below:
Thank you for stopping by!
Have a lovely day))))
3 thoughts on “Create a Background from Scratch with Irina Gerschuk”
Your project is lovely Irina – your colors matched your picture perfectly. I just love that about Lindy’s – finding the perfect color is so fun. Fabulous background. Thanks bunches for a great way to start my day! j.
Thank you Sabrina! I’m so glad you liked my project))
All masks/stencils used in this project are from Prima. The 2nd one is 12×12 “Bamboo” (SKU: pri-572174 UPC: 655350572174)
Such a gorgeous and beautiful layout!!!
I was wondering if you could tell me please the name and place of where you bought your second stencil that you used at? I just absolutely love it!!!
Thank you so much for sharing!!