Hi my friends and LSG fans! It’s Irina Gerschuk with you today and I’d like to share with you some tips and tricks on how to create your background from scratch!
All you need for that are different LSG sprays, plain cardstock, masks, gesso and modeling paste.
And here’s an example of what you can create using these materials:
And here’s a short instruction on what you have to do:
1. Take a piece of white cardstock. Choose a photo you want to scrap and few sprays that match the photo by color.
2. Apply еhe most pale color randomly on you cardstoct using mask.
Tip: after you spritz you spray through the mask you can reverse the mask and press it to the cardstock.
3. Let the cardstock dry and apply some modeling paste on it using a different mask.
4. Take more dark spray and apply it to the background. You can spritz it with some water. Raise and lift the paper on different angles to create random streaks.
5. Take the most dark LSG spray and repeat the steps.
6. Let the whole background dry completely, apply here and there some gesso (or white acrylic paint) through the mask with another LSG color to create more texture and to add more color to the project.
Tip: you can skip this step or apply just some spray through the mask.
7. Take another LSG spray and create some splashes (just open the lid of the jar and put some drops).
Ok, now your background is ready. You can add some embellishments and memorabilia (just use your imagination) to finish you project!
And here’re some close-ups of my project:
As my project was created in a marine style I’ve decided to highlight it with different embellishments on that theme. So I’ve used cheese-cloth, sequins, natural shells, beads, tulle and trim.
I’ve used LSG embossing powders to color the chipboard.
I’ve used some flowers to finish the composition.
I’ve also created a step-by-step video tutorial on tow to create your background from scratch. You can enjoy it below:
Thank you for stopping by!
Have a lovely day))))