I used Magicals and a Gelli Plate to create my own gorgeous printed papers for my art journal page, I’ve used the same technique to create four different looks.
- Mix Magical powder with a Golden product: Clear Tar Gel, Acrylic Glazing Liquid, Soft Gel (Gloss) or Regular Gel (Semi-Gloss) and add onto the Gelli plate.
- Use Stencils to create texture and pattern and print onto your paper
You can see this process in the video at the end of this post.
Once all the Gelli printed papers were dry, I cut circles from the papers to add even more interest and texture to the art journal page.
Play around with your design and then glue all the circles onto the background.
To finish off the page I played with Sweet Treats- MAGICAL Shimmer Powders (Cotton Candy Pink, Dark Chocolate Truffle, TiffanyLou Blue, Milk Chocolate Brown, Creme Brulee Cream) and mixed them with water to create splatters.
The final result:
I can’t believe all the different color combinations and looks you can get with just one set of Lindy’s Magical powders!
I have filmed a video showing how you can make this, you can watch it below or on the Lindy’s Stamp Gang YouTube Channel.
- Magicals: Sweet Treats set Cotton Candy Pink, Dark Chocolate Truffle, TiffanyLou Blue, Milk Chocolate Brown and Creme Brulee Cream
- Golden Introductory Acrylic Gel Mediums and Molding Paste Set Clear Tar gel – Regular Gel (semi-Gloss) – Soft Gel (Gloss)
- Golden Acrylic Glazing Liquid (Gloss)
- Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate 8×10
- Scrap Fx Stencils and stamps: Alpha stencil 2015017, Number Border stencil, small 2014019, Moroccan Tile stencil 2013352, Flower Pattern Stencil, large 2012156, Number Border stencil, large 2014018, Rose Stencil 2012353, Scribble Script stencil 2013171, Ripples stencil 2014155, Words of Wisdom stencil 2015172, Circle Stencil 2012176, House and Home stamp 2016259, Flashback 2016152
- Pen 2B Graphite, Medical Tape, Archival Ink Potting Soil, Versamark
- Small Talk from Tim Holtz