Hi Gang – hoping you are all beginning to feel the Christmas spirit and looking forward to a wonderful new year in 2018!
Here at Lindy’s we are beginning to feel a bit Christmassy and thought we would share some of the fun with you all – so we are going to have a Christmas Tag-a-long!!!!
From the 14th to the 25th of December, the Lindy’s Design Team will be sharing one tag a day in the lead up to Christmas! We thought we’d share a little of the seasonal spirit and giveaway four $25 gift vouchers to the Lindy’s store to people who play along as well!
You can enter the prize draw in any of the following ways (if you do all 4 of the following then you will have 4 chances to win):
- Sharing your own tag (using at least one Lindy’s product of course!) on the FaceBook Creative Gang group please link to your blog post if you have one
- Sharing your own tag (using at least one Lindy’s product of course!) on Instagram and tag your post with both #LindysGang and #LindysChristmasTagalong (so we can see it)
- Leave a comment on each of the 12 Tag-a-long blog posts here on the Lindy’s blog or
- Comment on the tags shared in the FB Creative group.
Yes it’s that simple – just join in the fun and then on Dec 26th (or the 27th!) we will announce the winners – so you might get a nice little Christmas present – plus loads on inspiration!
So it’s my pleasure to kick off the Lindy’s Christmas Tag-a-long and share the very first tag-a-long project oxoxo
Start by spraying a watercolor tag using Lindy’s sprays in French Lilac Violet, TiffanyLou Blue and Silent Night Silver. Leave it somewhere flat to dry and then flick with white acrylic ink.
While the tag base is drying, coat different sized snowflakes in Lindy’s Embossing powders – try and make each one unique! On this snowflake, I used Queen Sheba’s Silver, Pop Rock Purple and Madonna Robe Blue Gold – heavy on the blue and silver!
For this snowflake, I used the same colors but added an extra layer of Pop Rock Purple – it matches so beautifully with the Queen Sheba’s Silver!
Color a large paper flower with the same color sprays (French Lilac Violet and TiffanyLou Blue), but add LOADS of water to wash the colors out and make the flower pale and pastel. While it’s drying spray with a few coats of Lindy’s in Pearlescents, to add a delicate sheen to the flower. You can mop up any leftover spray and use it to color a piece of lace to use on your tag as well!
Once everything is dry, build your tag and embellish with color coordinating leaves, stamens, beads and a hint of glitter!
For a fabulously wintery sparkly Christmas tag.
I’m a little in love with my Lindy’s color combination oxoxoxo
- Lindy’s Sprays: Pearlescents, French Lilac Violet, TiffanyLou Blue and Silent Night Silver
- Lindy’s Embossing Powder: Queen Sheba’s Silver, Pop Rock Purple and Madonna Robe Blue Gold
- Prima Silver Leaves, Prima ‘Sweet Peppermint’ Silver Druzy, Crystal Shred, Stickles: Stardust and Frosted Lace, Making Memories Metal Letters (vintage supply)
- Magnolia flower, Pearl Spray, Silver and White Stamensm, Paper Doily, Amsterdam White Acrylic Ink
- Which Craft Do You Do – Snowflakes and Oil Slick Beads
I can’t wait to see what YOU all create!
TAG – you’re it! Your turn …….
28 thoughts on “Day 1: Welcome to the Lindy’s Christmas Tag-a-long”
This is absolutely Beautimous!!
Exquisite background and fab tag!
So wonderful tag, full of colors. Love each detail!!
Wow! Great shining and sparcling! Love Lindy’s embossing powder!
Oh my, this tag is definitely winter feeling. I’m in love!!!
I just love this tag. It speaks to me of a winter wonderland. Just gorgeous!
Just fabulous!Love the colour combinations and the snowflakes!
Gorgeous tag!! Love it 😍😍
Fabulous! love the colors <3
Absolutely beautiful. Love the colours and the layout is amazing…Love it and thank you for the inspiration and step by step x
Such a great idea! Beautiful tag!
Wow, Kate! This tag is spectacular! Love your colour choice:)!
Fabulous! love the colors. great use of the products.
Oh so pretty Kate
Very pretty color combo and that flower is stunning. Can’t wait to see what everybody comes up with. Really like the way the snowflakes came out.
Loving this tag, must try that Madonna robe Blue Gold embossing powder.
I love the soft tones combined with the silver!
This is RIGHT up my alley! Oh I’m so excited and hope to play along as much as possible during this busy time of year! Love love today’s icy pastel inspiration.
I love the way the paper flower curled into it’s natural position! I will have to try this.
I loved this beautiful tag !
Gorgeous tag 🙂 love that combination of colors, superb!
Beautiful background and snowflakes.