Hello Lindy’s lovers! Today I want to show you how I made this wonderful textile background for a card. This is a very practical tutorial. You can use unnecessary trim or any fabric and lace. We can recycle all to the cause!
We will need several types of fabrics and laces of different textures and our Lindy’s sprays and powders. I chose a palette in shades of gray and yellow.
I started with yellow shades. The first kind of lace I dyed Bling-y Blonde Shimmer Spray.
In total, I chose 5 shades of yellow. Next, I’ll just write the names of the colors. The second color is Bonjour Butter Flat Spray.
Next, I proceed to the gray shades, there will be 3: Whale Watch Blue Shimmer Spray,
Steel Shimmer Magical,
Gag Me With A Spoon Gray Shimmer Spray, which I painted a little watercolor paper and vellum.
The next step I dried all painted materials and this is what I got:
As a base, I used fabric, which is adhered to the paper. I began to glue different colored pieces in rows in a chaotic manner. The main thing is to add a number of pieces in different shades.
It turned out like this:
Next, I stitched the background on a sewing machine, so that it was more reliable.
And a little white gesso, so that the color becomes less bright and even.
Applied 3 D gel through a stencil.
And immediately cover it with embossing powder Bonjour Butter.
Heat set the powder to complete this unusual background, then decorate with matching embellishments to complete each card.
These are the cards I got in the end:
- Starburst: Gag Me With A Spoon Gray Shimmer Spray, Whale Watch Blue Shimmer Spray, Bling-y Blonde Shimmer Spray.
- Magical Shakers: Yellow Rose of Texas, Golden Sleigh Bells, Steel Shimmer.
- Flat Fabio: Bonjour Butter.
- Magical Shakers: Yodeling Yellow.
- EP: Bonjour Butter, Scotch Broom Yellow, Queen Sheba’s Silver, Silver Moon Mistletoe
- Finnabair heavy gesso and 3D gloss gel, Prima Marketing paper, chipboard MiAscrap, Rucodelushka flowers, Pastel flowers, lace and tapes.
I hope you enjoyed it and were able to find here something useful for yourself! Thank you for stopping by! Happy crafting,