To create my art journal I prepared two canvases and lots of folded sheets of pastel paper (you can use whatever you want, e.g. cardstock, watercolor paper or scrapbooking paper). Then I stitched everything together using Coptic Stitch Bookbinding tutorials from the internet.
Next, I covered the canvas with a thick layer of white gesso.
I applied modeling paste on the pieces of lace and veiling (or gauze) to fix them in place and then poured art stones over the top.
After that, I took Oakleaf Olive embossing powder which consists of the embossing powder and very fine mica, so when I poured it onto a clean light bulb, the mica remained on the glass. Then I sprayed the sparkles gently with a hair spray (or you can use an art fixative) to fix them. I also stamped a Medium Bee w/Tiny Bee Stampotique stamp with an embossing ink on a tracing paper and hot embossed it with Midnight Bronze embossing powder from Lindy’s.
And some close-ups.
I prepared a video tutorial for you, hope you will enjoy it. You can watch it below or on Lindy’s Stamp Gang Youtube Channel.
- April limited edition Mega set: Blue Hawaiian Blue and Rusty Lantern Lime sprays, Oakleaf Olive embossing powder
- Starburst Spray: Dark Chocolate Truffle
- Embossing Powder: Midnight Bronze
- Medium Bee w/Tiny Bee, Upholstered and Abstract Foliage Stampotique stamps
- White gesso
- Modeling paste
- 7 Dots Studio word stickers
- Finnabair art stones