Hello dear friends! Julia Kissel here today. I’d like to show you how easy and fast transform an old frame using Lindy’s Sprays and Embossing Powders. I continue to work with my old family photos. The photo in the project is my grandmother.
This step-by-step video helps you to see the process of creation.
- Fix two parts of the frame with screws
- Apply white gesso, I have done two layers
- Use an empty duct tape roll as decor. Apply white gesso on it as well
- Glue the chipboard to the backside of the frame and the tape roll
- Glue the embellishments to the base and apply white gesso again
- Apply Finnabair Texture Paste White Crackle for creation of cracks
- Use black gesso and apply it in some spots diluting with water
- Now is the fun part! Randomly splat Lindy’s sprays over black and white surfaces. Ramblin Rose Pink Shimmer Spray, next Golden Doubloons Vintage Spray Hibiscus Rose Flat Spray and Incandescent Copper Vintage Spray We get an amazing shine on the black surface and beautiful colors on the white one!
- Apply black gesso on the embellishments
- Color some fabric flowers & leaves with black gesso using soft brush and splat the same Lindy’s sprays
- Apply Finnabair Patina Effect Paste on some elements
- Color the moulds with Finnabair Metallique Opal Magic – Pink-Blue
- Emboss the moulds with Lindy’s EPs Tin Roof Rusted! and Of Quartz It Is. Looks great!
- Paint the white flowers with Lindy’s Sprays Golden Doubloons Vintage Spray and Frenchy’s Pink Pouf Flat Spray
- Apply some waxes and white gesso to the surface
- Randomly glue some prills to the surface
- Attach a cord and shabby ribbon to the backside, so you can hang on the wall. The project is ready!
- Ramblin Rose Pink Shimmer Spray,– Starburst Spray
- Hibiscus Rose, Frenchy’s Pink Pouf – Flat Fabio Sprays
- Incandescent Copper, Golden Doubloons – Moon Shadow Mist
- Tin Roof Rusted! and Of Quartz It Is – Embossing Powders
- Heavy Black Gesso – Expressions Craft, Heavy White Gesso, Texture White Crackle paste, acrylic paints, waxes – Finnabair, chipboard – CraftStory, wood embellishments – Derevyaski & Bumazhki, moulds and paper – Prima Marketing
Have a good time everyone! See you soon!