Good Morning all Lindy’s fans. I was thinking about what to show you today and I came up with an old book cover for a new journal.
I made a 3D cardboard door on the cover and it looks fabulous! This cardboard set can be arranged in various ways what makes it more interesting. To add color to my journal cover I’ve used the new set of Lindy’s Magicals, Mountain Meadows, which amaze me with their colors and my favorite set of Lindy’s mists. I also used hot embossing before adding the colors to enrich the project. I think it gives a nice final effect to the surface.
- I use a crackle accent to glue AB Studio foil as it is ideal for gluing the material to the surface and it binds very fast.
- When there is too much gold on the surface you can easily scratch it off. It is a result of the too high temperature of the iron.
The color of the foil can be scratched off from the place without a printing
- To finish, it is worth protecting the whole surface with spray varnish. The journal is to be used so it’s best that it doesn’t smudge when touched and handled later.
- Apply white gesso to the cover and allow to dry
- Then you need to stick all 3d cardboard on the cover
- Now it’s time to add Lindy’s colors (please watch the video for more ideas)
Process video so you can follow along and create your own beautiful mixed media journal cover.
Here is a look at the details.
- Magicals: Mountain Meadows set, Glitzy Magicals
- Embossing powder: Purely White
- Moon Shadow Mists: Tawny Turquoise
- Starburst Shimmer Sprays –cathedral pines green
- AB Studio transparent foils
- Finnabair mediums
- AB Studio stamp No 196
- AB Studio stencil
- AB Studio chipboard-door
I hope my today’s tricks will allow you to discover something new and interesting. I will be grateful for all the comments shared.
Regards and HUGS from Poland