Today I’m up on Lindy’s Gang with a new mixed media panel to share with you all. I was inspired by the colors in the photo to create something in emeralds and red, I hope you will like it.
- Prime the MDF medallion with white gesso
- When dry, glue the decorative paper with soft matte gel
- Next, add a thin layer of white gesso
- Add a design with clear crackle paste and a stencil. Let it dry to allow the crackles to appear
- In the meantime, prime herbology resin elements with clear gesso and the hardware resin with black gesso;
- Color the Herbology elements with Midnight Rendez Vous, Evergreen Emerald, Stormy Sky, Sandra Dee Sepia, Rizzo’s Rowdy Red, and Queen of Heart Red Magicals;
- Add some Gleaming Gold to the Sandra Dee Sepia to color the hardware elements;
- Highlight the details of the herbology elements with white Gold;
- Color the background with Evergreen Emerald, Stormy Sky, and Sandra Dee Sepia + Gleaming Gold Magicals;
- Next, glue all the embellishments with 3D matte gel;
- Add a design on a piece of watercolor with modeling paste;
- When dry, color with Evergreen Emerald, Stormy Sky, and Sandra Dee Sepia + Gleaming Gold Magicals;
- Wax the edge with White Gold;
- Add the piece of paper under the photo;
- To finish, add sequins and glitters.
I hope you will enjoy the video:
- Magical – Midnight Rendez-vous (Totally 80’s)
- Flat Magical – Evergreen Emerald, Stormy Sky (Mountain Meadow), Queen of Heart Red (Mad Hatter ), Rizzo’s Rowdy Red, Sandra Dee Sepia (Go Greased Lightnin’)
- Glitzy Magical – Gleaming Gold.