Hello dear Lindy’s gang friends. It’s Aleksandra today here with you again.
For quite some time I had this Deer head in my drawer, waiting to be altered, but always something else came up to create. It’s still winter here in Slovenia, although we didn’t have much of the winter weather, it’s more like a fall, so I thought that this Deer would be a perfect choice.
- First covered it with a coat of White Gesso and let it dry.
- After my first layer was dry, I mixed together some White Gesso and some White Sand Texture paste and apply a coat of it on my project, again letting it dry completely.
- Then I started adding my colors, from lighter to the darker one. First I applied a coat of color with “Steampunk Sepia” Starburst spray, then I added some darker spots with “Maple Syrup Bronze” and “Beaver Tail Brown” Squirts.
- I also added some highlights in the ears and on the nose with “Canadian Bacon Blush” Squirts and melted some “Hibiscus Rose Orange” embossing powder on top.
- After all layers of color were dry I did some dry-brushing on top with White Gesso to tone colors down a bit and blend them together.
- My last step was adding some raw chipboards and some paper flowers and leaves on the top of its head.
Here are some detailed photos for you:
- Starburst sprays: Steampunk Sepia
- Starburst Squirts: Maple Syrup Bronze, Beaver Tail Brown, Canadian Bacon Blush
- Embossing powders: Hibiscus Rose Orange
I hope you liked the inspiration that I prepared for you today!
I also have a step-by-step video for you to watch.
Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy your autumn days and see you again soon!