Hi Lindy’s Fans,
One of my absolute favorite things to make are mini-journals – and I adore everything vintage! Lindy’s Sprays with distressing materials make the perfect background for this folded no-stitch mini. I also loved tinting crackle paste to really grunge-up the cover!
What you will need:
- Your favorite Lindy’s Sprays, I used Ponderosa Pines Olive and Galactic Teal Starburst Sprays and Sandra Dee Serpa Flat Fabio Spray
- A 12″ x 12″ piece of craft paper – I used word-printed paper
- Distress Crayon and Distress Spray
- Glue Stick or Double-Sided Tape
- 2 Mini Canvases 3″x 3″ or thick cardboard
- White and Black Gesso
- Stencil of choice
- Crackle Paste
- Small chipboard pieces and/or other collage materials
- Lindy’s Embossing Powder, I used Fiddlehead Fern Green
- Lightly Gesso (white) your paper.
- Mark paper with distress crayon and spray with distress spray.
- Once dry, layer your favorite Lindy’s Sprays, dabbing with a dry towel create a more distressed look.
- Dry completely, then cut and fold as instructed in video.
- Glue or tape together un-painted sides of the mini journal.
- Lightly Gesso (white) two small canvases or cardboard and color lightly with Lindy’s spray.
- Tint crackle paste with Lindy’s Spray and spread through your favorite stencil.
- Dry completely and touch-up crackle paste as needed.
- Gesso (black) your chipboard pieces and emboss with Lindy’s Embossing Powder.
- Use chipboard and other collage fodder to decorate cover(s), then affix to your journal.
These journals are perfect for mini photos and keepsakes. I hope you enjoy this project!