Hi dear Lindy’s lovers!
It’s Olga Ravenskaya here today with my new mixed media project and video step-by-step.
I’ve created it at the end of November when the colors of nature lost their brightness, when everything was getting ready for a long winter and the mood was melancholic. That’s why my project is full of muted colors and soft shades.
- Prime the surface of the wooden base, clay elements and all the chipboard with white gesso.
- Apply opaque crackle paste over the surface here and there using the palette knife.
- When dry, mix transparent texture paste and opaque texture paste with magicals, Sea Grass Green and Whale Watch Blue, so you’ll get 4 kinds of mixture.
- Apply those colored pastes through the stencil, mixing them with each other. Use colored opaque pastes for the lower part, colored transparent paste – for the upper .
- Let it dry completely and color the surface with My Mojito Green and Whale Watch Blue sprays using a thick brush for more control. Let the sprays mix with each other.
- Add several layers of colors to the lower part to make it more saturated.
- When coloring add the decoupage gold metallic powder at the same time using a fun brush. It’ll mix with sprays and you’ll get beautiful golden additions.
- After drying stamp the surface to add more interest with a black water-resistant inks.
- Color the clay elements using the same sprays and metallic powder.
- Alter all the chipboard using sprays and embossing powders. You can see the detailed process in my previous post here
- Build up the composition and glue on all the embellishments.
- Mix Magnolia Magenta Gold and Whale Watch Blue sprays with a little water and tint the background here and there, and all the flowers using a thin brush.
- Add splashes of the same sprays using a thin brush.
- Add some mini prills and glitter using soft gloss gel.
- To finish, tint the edges of the embellishments with a slightly golden wax and a mixture of gold metallic powder and water.
Here is my process video so you can watch:
Some close-ups as a little inspiration.
- Starbursts: Salt Water Taffy, Whale Watch Blue, My Mojito Green, Magnolia Magenta Gold, Cotton Candy Pink
- Eps: Oom Pah Pah Pink, Reindeer Moss Green and Madonna Robe Blue Gold
- Magical: Salt Water Taffy, Sea Grass Green, Whale Watch Blue from Nantucket Pearls Set
- Ranger Transparent Texture Paste, Ranger Opaque Texture Paste, Ranger Crackle Texture Paste, 49 and Market flowers, hand-made flowers and leaves, Moxy Glitter, Studio Prosto Nebo chipboard, Liquitex White Gesso, Mini Prills, Finnabair Soft Gloss Gel, Finnabair Vintage Silk Wax.
Hoping you’ve enjoyed my post!
Thank you for stopping by!