Today I’m up on Lindy’s Gang blog with a new mixed media panel. For this project, I wanted to play with crackle pastes to obtain different effects.
For the first one, I wanted to recreate the effect of the light: I need the result to be transparent, shiny, and yellow. I mixed a clear crackle paste (Transparent) with Rusty Lantern Lime (Yellow) and Gleaming Gold (Shiny).
The result is stunning or so I think. The result is really what I was looking for. I added some Hag’s Wart Orange when the paste was dry which flowed in the cracks. I give some warmth to the light effect.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to take a photo where you can see the transparency of the paste.
Next, I want to make a matte crackle paste to mimic an old paint that has overheated.
This time I used a white crackle paste which I colored with the Black Hole Black Magical. I added also some dry coffee grounds to add some texture as well.
The coffee grounds probably accelerated the cracking process by absorbing the water and also led to the formation of mini cracks. The result was unexpected but, I love it. I added different shades of brown and orange to mimic the rust.
The last crackle paste I made was for the grid. I simply mixed the white crackle paste with the Black Hole Magical, as I want a paste that will be easy to apply.
The result is without surprise, but the effect is perfect to replicate the effect of the paint being crackled from below by the rust. I add the same shade of brown and orange magicals to complete the rust effect.
I hope you will enjoy the video. You can find the full video on my blog here.
Lindy’s Gang products:
- Starburst – Red Hot Poker Orange, Cowabunga Copper, Hag’s Wart Orange;
- Magical – Black Hole Black, Milky Way White, Red Hot Poker Orange (Autumn Leaves), Hag’s Wart Orange (Haunted Halloween);
- Flat Magical – Sandra Dee Sepia (Go Greased Lightnin’).
- HDF – Artistiko (Large Lamp, Halve);
- Tissue Paper – Idea-Ology (Telegraph);
- Mould – Finnabair Prima (Grungy Frame, Machine Parts);
- Mechanical – Finnabair Prima (Lotus, Woodland Leaves);
- Waxes Art Alchemy – Finnabair Prima (Charcoal Black);
- Liquid Acrylic Art Alchemy – Finnabair Prima (Liquid Color Fluid Medium, Titanium White);
- Art Extravagance – Finnabair Prima (Clear Crackle Paste, White Crackle Paste, Rust Effect Paste);
- Art Basics – Finnabair Prima (Heavy White Gesso, Clear Gesso, Heavy Body Gel, Soft Gloss Gel).